Monday, November 9, 2015

Reviews are Important!


Now that Night of the Fallen is out, I confess that I feel a bit bad for not reviewing every single book that I’ve loved over the years. I have definitely written some reviews, but I would have been more prolific if I had any consideration for how much they are an author’s life-blood!
I was so excited to get my first review just a few days after Night of the Fallen was launched, from an unknown reader (thank you so much, whoever you are!) I jumped for joy, texted three people, and called my mom.
It may seem exciting to have a book published, but it’s really about as exciting as giving a speech in front of strangers in your underwear (I imagine, I’ve never actually done that, nor can my involvement in similar experiences be proven.) You wait with trepidation, hoping that someone will read it. Terrified that someone will read it. Will they like it? Will they hate it and verbally lampoon you?
Well, someone liked it, and liked it enough to say so!
Good reviews aren’t just a salve to an author’s ego, however. Readers go to the reviews to decide if they should purchase a book. Sure, it’s just a few dollars, but they want to know if it’s worth their time! Reviews sell books.
So if you enjoyed a good read, take a few minutes to say so and let others know. Not just my works, but any author who spent years refining his or her craft and pouring their life into a book, to sell it to you for a mere $3.99 on Kindle. I know that I will be more diligent about this myself in the future.

Prefer paperbacks? We have that! Get it here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment